Château de FONTCREUSE is an elegant building that was completed in 1700.
It was at the beginning of the 18th century that the residence was endowed with running water, a rarity indeed at that time. The source of the water was underground springs, that fed a gallery hollowed out under the hill that supplied the estate and its outbuildings with water, hence the name Château « FONTCREUSE » (literally hollow fount).
Until the 1920s, mixed farming was practiced at FONTCREUSE as it was at all Provencal agriculture estates. It was only in 1922, when acquired by Colonel Teed, that the Château de FONTCREUSE began to move towards viticulture. [Next